By Mary Ellen Snodgrass
This A-to-Z compendium explores greater than one hundred fifty American girls activists from colonial instances to the current, interpreting their backgrounds and the point of interest in their activism, and gives examples in their speeches.
• Covers concerns from 1637 to 2015, representing minority views and speeches
• Surveys oration as a method of enlightening the general public at the wishes of the terrible, disenfranchised, undereducated, and underemployed females
• Introduces much less standard activists, corresponding to Samantha strength and Ai-jen Poo
• comprises illustrations; a timeline; an appendix of vital speeches pointed out by means of identify, date, environment, and subject; and a bibliography of basic and secondary sources
Read Online or Download American Women Speak: An Encyclopedia and Document Collection of Women's Oratory [2 volumes] PDF
Similar encyclopaedias books
For an entire record of entries, individuals, and extra, stopover at the Encyclopedia of yankee folks artwork website. this can be the 1st complete, scholarly examine of a so much attention-grabbing element of yank historical past and tradition. Generously illustrated with either black and white and full-color pictures, this A-Z encyclopedia covers each element of yankee folks artwork, encompassing not just portray, but additionally sculpture, basketry, ceramics, quilts, furnishings, toys, beadwork, and extra, together with either well-known and lesser-known genres.
Through a hundred and fifty signed articles, eco-friendly towns: An A-to-Z consultant offers an outline of the foremost suggestions that city planners, coverage makers, architects, engineers, and builders use to appreciate the sustainability dimensions of the city surroundings. It identifies towns that experience taken steps to turn into greener and discusses the thoughts they've got used; it additionally reports vast ideas linked to eco-friendly towns.
From the dynamics of interpersonal conversation among future health execs and clients to international command-and-control in the course of public well-being emergencies that go foreign borders, the sector of overall healthiness verbal exchange bridges many disciplines and comprises efforts from the micro to the macro. It consists of navigating own, cultural, and political complexities and a capability to distill advanced technical technological know-how into fast and simply understood phrases for prepared distribution by means of the mass media--or to somebody sufferer or to the mother or father of an sick baby.
Normalerweise ist Schmerz etwas Einfaches: Wir fühlen ihn, wissen, daß es schmerzt, wissen, wo er ist, und wissen gewöhnlich auch, warum er auftritt. Doch die Schmerzen der frühen Kindheit sind etwas völlig Geheimnisvolles, obgleich wir alle, so Arthur Janov, sie mit uns herumtragen. Niemand erkennt oder anerkennt sie.
- Encyclopedia of Nineteenth Century Thought
- Successful Research Projects: A Step-by-Step Guide
- Green Politics: An A-to-Z Guide (The SAGE Reference Series on Green Society: Toward a Sustainable Future-Series Editor: Paul Robbins)
- Latino Baseball Legends: An Encyclopedia
- The Routledge Encyclopedia of the Chinese Language
- Basics of Qualitative Research: Techniques and Procedures for Developing Grounded Theory
Additional info for American Women Speak: An Encyclopedia and Document Collection of Women's Oratory [2 volumes]